Friday, March 28, 2008

Nvidia launches the Geforce 9800 GX2


The Graphics card to the left is the new Geforce 9800 GX2. So whats so great about it? It just looks like a brick. Graphics cards should be getting smaller, not bigger. Cell phones are getting smaller, T.V.s are getting thinner and Graphics cards are getting bigger?! What the hell? Well, I guess it's not too bad because this graphics card is very powerful. The 9800 GX2 is equivalent too two 8800 GTX's. Which can probably max out Crysis. I currently have a single Geforce 8800 GT and that's enough to run the games I play at max settings, such as Call of Duty 4, CounterStrike:Source and Bioshock. So I see the 9800 GX2 as a waste of money but, there are going to be people that are going to want the "Best." It does seem like Nvidia will be winning over Ati with the release of this card. The only problem that I can think of is the price tag. Who really would buy a 600$ Graphics Card. Only the rich would =P.

No comments: